Video: How can I cope with quarantine and an abusive partner?
There have been worrying figures made available regarding the COVID-19 lockdown and the devastating effect it is having for victims of domestic abuse. There has been a marked increase in reports of domestic violence and, in many cases, a victim may be in lockdown with their abuser.
In this interview, we discuss the resources available to domestic abuse victims and also take a look at the range of legal options available and the practicalities involved during this difficult time.
You can contact Grayfords discreetly to arrange a free initial consultation for some legal advice by emailing email@example.com, booking an appointment on our website online or by using our LiveChat feature.
We have also included some links and resources in this article that may be of use to you:
- EVAW (End Violence Against Women) | 020 3735 8219
- Women’s Aid | 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- Man Kind Initiative | 01823 334244 (weekdays 10am to 4pm)
- Refuge | 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- The National Centre of Domestic Violence | 0800 970 2070
- National Domestic Violence helpline | 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline | 0800 999 5428
- Rape Crisis | 0808 802 9999